Problem with connecting & disconnecting

Ask questions about the JavaScript API here

Problem with connecting & disconnecting

Postby rgaliu » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:28 pm

So I've been on the live chat, which has been extremely patient and helpful, and I was told that disconnecting a user from a sessionid and connecting another user fast or frequently would cause the following error on the new webrtc platform:

"Timed out while waiting for the Video to load the stream. This could be because someone is behind a Firewall or Symmetric NAT."

I added a 1-5 second pause for each time a user connects to a session to allow time for the previous user to disconnect from the server, but i still get this error. I even used debugger in chrome to break right before the session connection is made and waited for a while but still get this error. I was also told that once it does happen, it can only be resolved by unpublishing my stream or restarting my browser, is there any other work arounds or ideas to get around this issue? Thanks again for the help on live chat!
Was this post helpful? (0)
rgaliu

Thumbs Up: 0

Re: Problem with connecting & disconnecting

Postby janine » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:34 pm

Hey anthony -

Thanks for the nice words about the IRC help. Sorry the suggestion didn't work. Have you actually tried another network (i.e. is it possible that the network you're testing on is indeed firewalled)? I'm sure you've already covered the details in your live chat but just trying to isolate the issue.
janine

Thumbs Up: 20

Postby jtsai » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:18 am

Hey there

Instead of User A forceDisconncting User B from User A's session, could you have User B call session.disconnect() from user A's session?

John
jtsai

Thumbs Up: 195

Postby rgaliu » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:10 pm

We have tried just 2 computers on separate networks. It seems to work for the first 2 connections then we get the bug, this happens for same network as well.

John, Thanks, ill try that, by just removing the forceDisconnect all together and just have each user disconnect instead. Will update in a bit.
rgaliu

Thumbs Up: 0

Return to JavaScript