working with php - api

Official OpenTok Server-Side libraries

working with php - api

Postby intel » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:58 pm

Code: Select all
Archived Post

Hi everyone.I was working with the php sdk last night and unfortuately could not run the code on thr server.code below:<?php/*!* OpenTok PHP Library* http://www.tokbox.com/** Copyright 2010, TokBox, Inc.**/
            <?php    require_once 'SDK/API_Config.php';    require_once 'SDK/OpenTokSDK.php';    require_once 'SDK/SessionPropertyConstants.php';
    $apiObj = new OpenTokSDK(API_Config::API_KEY, API_Config::API_SECRET);
    $session = $apiObj->create_session($_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"];         array(SessionPropertyConstants::MULTIPLEXER_NUMOUTPUTSTREAMS=>2;        SessionPropertyConstants::MULTIPLEXER_SWITCHTYPE=>1;        SessionPropertyConstants::MULTIPLEXER_SWITCHTIMEOUT=>5000));    echo $session->getSessionId();?>?>
<html><head>

<title>chrome</title> <script src="http://static.opentok.com/v0.91/js/TB.min.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="/scripts/application.js"></script><script type="text/javascript">
var apiKey = "2248802";var sessionId = '<?php print $sessionId; ?>';var token = '<?php print $apiObj->generate_token($sessionId); ?>';
var session;
                        TB.addEventListener('exception', exceptionHandler);                         session = TB.initSession(sessionId);
                        //Video chat event listeners                         session.addEventListener('sessionConnected', sessionConnectedHandler);                         session.addEventListener('streamCreated', streamCreatedHandler);                     session.addEventListener('streamDestroyed', streamDestroyedHandler);
                        session.connect(apiKey, token);
</script>
</head><body>

</body></html>1. when i run it on my browser this is what i get:create_session($_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"]; array(SessionPropertyConstants::MULTIPLEXER_NUMOUTPUTSTREAMS=>2; SessionPropertyConstants::MULTIPLEXER_SWITCHTYPE=>1; SessionPropertyConstants::MULTIPLEXER_SWITCHTIMEOUT=>5000)); echo $session->getSessionId(); ?> ?>2.I did create a foder named SDK and placed the following components/files inside:
/OpenTokSDK.php';  SessionPropertyConstants.phpSessionPropertyConstants.phpIm new with php, could someone help me?the aplication.js script is below:// Place your application-specific JavaScript functions and classes here// This file is automatically included by javascript_include_tag :defaults
var videos = 1;
var publisher; var publisherObj;
var subscribers = {}; var subscriberObj = {};
var MAX_WIDTH_VIDEO = 264; var MAX_HEIGHT_VIDEO = 198;
var MIN_WIDTH_VIDEO = 200; var MIN_HEIGHT_VIDEO = 150; var MAX_WIDTH_BOX = 800; var MAX_HEIGHT_BOX = 600;
var CURRENT_WIDTH = MAX_WIDTH_VIDEO; var CURRENT_HEIGHT = MAX_HEIGHT_VIDEO; function sessionConnectedHandler(event) { publish(); for (var i = 0; i < event.streams.length; i++) { addStream(event.streams[i]); } }
function streamCreatedHandler(event) { for (var i = 0; i < event.streams.length; i++) { addStream(event.streams[i]); } }
function streamDestroyedHandler(event) { videos--; layoutManager(); }

function exceptionHandler(event) {    alert("Exception msg:" + event.message + "title: " + event.title + " code: " + event.code); }
//-------------------------------------- //  HELPER METHODS //-------------------------------------- function addStream(stream) { // Check if this is the stream that I am publishing. If not // we choose to subscribe to the stream. if (stream.connection.connectionId == session.connection.connectionId) { return; }
var div = document.createElement('div'); // Create a replacement div for the subscriber var divId = stream.streamId; // Give the replacement div the id of the stream as its id div.setAttribute('id', divId); document.getElementById("videobox").appendChild(div); subscriberObj[stream.streamId] = div;  subscribers[stream.streamId] = session.subscribe(stream, divId, {"width": CURRENT_WIDTH, "height": CURRENT_HEIGHT});
videos++; layoutManager(); }
function publish() { if (!publisher) { var parentDiv = document.getElementById("videobox"); publisherObj = document.createElement('div'); // Create a replacement div for the publisher publisherObj.setAttribute('id', 'opentok_publisher'); parentDiv.appendChild(publisherObj); publisher = session.publish('opentok_publisher', {"width": CURRENT_WIDTH, "height": CURRENT_HEIGHT}); } } function layoutManager() { var estBoxWidth = MAX_WIDTH_BOX / videos; var width = Math.min(MAX_WIDTH_VIDEO, Math.max(MIN_WIDTH_VIDEO, estBoxWidth)); var height = 3*width/4; publisherObj.height = height; publisherObj.width = width; for(var subscriberDiv in subscriberObj) { subscriberDiv.height = height; subscriberDiv.width = width; } CURRENT_HEIGHT = height; CURRENT_WIDTH = width; }
Was this post helpful? (0)
intel

working with php - api

Postby jtsai » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:15 pm

Archived Post

Hi intel

Does your server support PHP? Try creating a "test.php" with this as the code:

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

It should produce a bunch of information if you point your browser to the page. If it doesn't, it means PHP isn't supported on your server.

Thanks,
John
jtsai

working with php - api

Postby intel » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:28 am

Archived Post

Thanks  a lot John, the <?php   phpinfo() ?> did work corectly:PHP is supported on my server:However did get the pop -up  below after running the code earlier posted:http://forums.tokbox.com/post/printadd?id=5437963this was the browser pop up:

1.Exception message:sessioninfoAPI:: failed to get session info_Error #2170 Title Security error cod:1009.
2.Exception msg:Invalid authentication passed in session.connect().Failed to pass the Token.No sentinel for version T1== found in token <?php print $apiObj->generate_token(sessionId);?>title:Authentication error code:1004.sincerely,Moses.
intel

working with php - api

Postby jtsai » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:16 am

Archived Post

Hi intel,
Looking at your code above, it seems like you modified it incorrectly. Try starting with a clean download again:
1. Download (http://www.tokbox.com/v0.91.22/sdks/ope ... -08-07.zip)
2. Extract the files into a folder called "SDK".
3. Upload the folder onto your server.
4. Move "SDK/sample/createsession.php" into the same directory "SDK" isex: move "yoursite.com/tokbox/SDK/sample/createSession.php" to "yoursite.com/tokbox/createSession.php"
5. Grab an API key from here: (http://www.tokbox.com/opentok/api/tools/js/apikey)
6. You will receive an email with a key and secret. Modify your SDK/API_Config.php by filling in the API_KEY and API_SECRET with the appropriate values
7. Open yoursite.com/tokbox/createSession.php with your browser. You should see a session ID and the a token on the page
Note: You don't change any of the files in the server-side library besides moving createSession.php and modifying API_Config.php
Hopefully this helps,John
jtsai

working with php - api

Postby amolbhandari52 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:25 am

Archived Post

John i tried doing the 7steps which you gave. but i am geeting following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'OpenTokException' with message 'Failed to create session: Invalid response from server' in C:\xampp\htdocs\SDK\OpenTokSDK.php:80 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\js_getting_started.php(11): OpenTokSDK->create_session('127.0.0.1', Array) #1 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\SDK\OpenTokSDK.php on line 80
amolbhandari52

working with php - api

Postby jtsai » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:41 pm

Archived Post

Which version of PHP do you have?
John
jtsai

Re: working with php - api

Postby pbcomput » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:28 am

jtsai wrote:
Archived Post

Hi intel,
Looking at your code above, it seems like you modified it incorrectly. Try starting with a clean download again:
1. Download (http://www.tokbox.com/v0.91.22/sdks/ope ... -08-07.zip)
2. Extract the files into a folder called "SDK".
3. Upload the folder onto your server.
4. Move "SDK/sample/createsession.php" into the same directory "SDK" isex: move "yoursite.com/tokbox/SDK/sample/createSession.php" to "yoursite.com/tokbox/createSession.php"
5. Grab an API key from here: (http://www.tokbox.com/opentok/api/tools/js/apikey)
6. You will receive an email with a key and secret. Modify your SDK/API_Config.php by filling in the API_KEY and API_SECRET with the appropriate values
7. Open yoursite.com/tokbox/createSession.php with your browser. You should see a session ID and the a token on the page
Note: You don't change any of the files in the server-side library besides moving createSession.php and modifying API_Config.php
Hopefully this helps,John

Hi John,

I did all the things which you explain above.

it generated session id - 2_MX44ODkzMjMyfjExNy4xOTguMTYxLjE2NH4yMDExLTEyLTEwIDE3OjE4OjAwLjcyNDc1OCswMDowMH4wLjIyOTc0MDc2MTY4Nn4

when I put this session id in my code it gives me error.

I dnt know where I am going wrong.

please help me out.

Thanks,
Palak
pbcomput

Thumbs Up: 0

Postby jtsai » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:53 am

pbcomput wrote:Hi John,

I did all the things which you explain above.

it generated session id - 2_MX44ODkzMjMyfjExNy4xOTguMTYxLjE2NH4yMDExLTEyLTEwIDE3OjE4OjAwLjcyNDc1OCswMDowMH4wLjIyOTc0MDc2MTY4Nn4

when I put this session id in my code it gives me error.

I dnt know where I am going wrong.

please help me out.

Thanks,
Palak

What error are you receiving? Can you copy and paste it or give a screen shot? Are you also giving the token thats associated with the session id?

John
jtsai

Thumbs Up: 195

Postby pbcomput » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:39 am

jtsai wrote:What error are you receiving? Can you copy and paste it or give a screen shot? Are you also giving the token thats associated with the session id?

John

Hi,

thanks for your help. I was working with php sdk but now I combine php sdk with javascript and its working now.

Thanks for your help. :)
pbcomput

Thumbs Up: 0

Return to Supported Server API (PHP, Java, Ruby, Python)