In march we announced our iOS Developer Contest to celebrate our OpenTok iOS SDK.
Today we officially announce our winners! Out of all the super awesome submissions, 3 teams will be receiving an iPad 3. Without further ado, here are the winners:
1) An iPad3 goes to Romotive! Romo is a robot that you attach iphone/ipod into, and you will be able to control it from the browser! You can also broadcast your video onto the iphone and see what Romo sees on your browser. Welcome to the new age of telepresence! These guys are serious, you can order their robots Today. Read their blog!
Click here If you don’t know what a Startup Weekend is.
We are sponsoring Startup Weekend Chicago this weekend, and I’m super excited because I get to go!
I’ve been to a few in the past year, and I complied a list of helpful tips so you can get the most out of your fun-filled weekend. 54 hours is not a lot of time to launch a startup. Work Efficiently.
Remember, there’s an API/Platform for almost everything. Here’s a list of some of the popular ones so you don’t have to go out searching.
We Survived TechCrunch Disrupt Hackathon in NY!
There were many great hacks built with OpenTok API, but only two winners. Here they are:
1) WhizCafe allows you to connect to an expert to make your shopping experience more pleasant. We’ve all been there, how many times have you wished you had expert advice before buying something?
Congrads to Korbinian Breu and his friend from Carnegie Mellon! Enjoy your resolutionary iPad3!
This is a 4 part process:
PART 1: Create a facebook page
[iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/c6pyBLbTUZc” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen]
1) go to: http://facebook.com/pages/create.php
2) Follow instructions
PART 2: Apply for Tokshow
[iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/70f-qcY8Wvw” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen]
1) go to http://www.tokbox.com
2) click plug and play
3) Apply for Tokshow!
Update: March 13, 2014 – Please note that this blog post references the archiving functionality in our OpenTok 1.0 platform. This feature is no longer being supported. Learn more about archiving using our OpenTok 2.0 platform.
Minutegrams is a webapp to send video messages via email.
In this tutorial, let’s build a video recorder with the Tokbox API.
- We need ‘rElement’ div to put our recorder in, and ‘pElement’ div to put player in.
Step 2: Create a Tokbox recorder Manager object
Congratulations to all the USC Trojan and UCLA Bruin Hackers who participated in the Trojan Hack!
Over the 24 hours from Friday (2/3/12) to Saturday, UCLA and USC students got into groups and hacked away on their ideas. No limits, best idea and implementation wins…
Presentation slides were frowned upon, so everyone had a working demo at the end. The demos were AMAZING!
The first place ($1000) went to HackHackWith.me
In 24 hours, they built a collaborative code editing web app. Now you might think it’s like collabedit, but it’s NOT! You can actually upload project files and libraries, code together, and then run your code!