Want to prove you’ve built the coolest OpenTok application? Think you have what it takes to demo to the most influential people in Silicon Valley?
Here’s a chance for you to prove it here in person in San Francisco! Just build the most compelling OpenTok app and you’ll win a place in Startup Alley at TechCrunch Disrupt in San Francisco this September. To make the prize even sweeter, we’ll pay up to $2000 in travel expenses!
As a Startup Alley participant, you’re eligible for audience voting to participate in TechCrunch’s premiere startup competition, Startup Battlefield. If you win the “Audience Choice” award, you will earn a slot to present your product on stage during Startup Battlefield in front of an all-star panel consisting of the biggest innovators, angels, VCs and influencers in the Tech community on Wednesday, September 14th, 2011. Winner must meet Startup Alley criteria; for more details, please visit this page.
The rules are simple — you have one month to build an amazing and complete app using the OpenTok API (for those of you who don’t know, here’s what the API does). At the end of the month, TokBox will choose one winner to attend Startup Alley in September.
The winner will be awarded with a Startup Alley Package for TechCrunch Disrupt in San Francisco. Plus, TokBox will offer up to $1000 per person ($2000 total) to help defray travel expenses. Please see below for full contest details and rules. [This contest is fully hosted by TokBox; TechCrunch is not affiliated with the contest judging or award. TechCrunch will approve Startup Alley participation per its qualification criteria.]
All apps must be submitted by August 28, 2011 at 11:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time.
All submissions will be judged on the four following criteria:
- Technical execution and functional completion
- Potential to become a business
Send an email to email@example.com with your name, email address, a 200-word description of your application and a link to your application.
Additional Contest Rules
- Entry to Startup Alley contingent upon approval of judges from TokBox and TechCrunch Disrupt organizers.
- Prize consists of: (a) One (1) spot inTechCrunch Disrupt Startup Alley (includes 2 tickets to Disrupt conference), (b) up to $1400 in airfare to San Francisco (maximum of $700 per person) during the TechCrunch Disrupt conference, and (c) up to $600 to defray housing expenses (maximum of $300 per person.) Travel and housing expenses need to be validated by receipts to be approved by TokBox, Inc.
- You are only eligible for the Startup Alley prize if you are competing on behalf of a company/startup that has no more than $2 million of funding and is no more than 2 years old [per TechCrunch’s Startup Alley criteria].
- In the unlikely event that none of the submitted applications meets TokBox and/or TechCrunch Disrupt’s standards of technical and functional completion, TokBox reserves the right to declare the contest null and void and forego the awarding of the Prize.
- Immediate family of existing employees and/or investors in TokBox are not eligible for this contest.
- TokBox, Inc. reserves the right to change and amend any of the above contest rules without prior notice.