We are excited to announce the release of the OpenTok 2.11 Client SDKs which were released recently.
- Audio tuning API – We have added the ability to set the desired audio bitrate across our client SDKs. OpenTok.js has also added the ability to turn off Automatic Gain Control and Echo cancellation. This is important for certain use-cases like listening to heartbeats which we blogged about recently.
- OpenTok.js released to NPM – We have released our OpenTok.js library to NPM. You can find it at https://www.npmjs.com/package/@opentok/client and install it with the command npm install @opentok/client
- WebRTC 56 – Our iOS and Android SDKs as well as our Internet Explorer Plugin have been updated to use WebRTC version 56.
- H.264 support – This version enabled H.264 Codec support in Relayed Sessions in our iOS SDK.
- Beta support for Microsoft Edge – With OpenTok.js you can now use Microsoft Edge version 15+, which was released with the latest Windows 10 Creators Update. Currently, Edge is only supported in relayed sessions; it is not supported in routed sessions (sessions that use the OpenTok Media Router). Edge support is currently in beta. We are working on adding support for additional OpenTok features in Edge.
For more details including bug fixes in this release you can find the release notes for each of the SDKs at: