Senior Software Engineer (Java)
- TokBox Inc., a leader in WebRTC communications, is looking for an experienced, Java Engineer to join our Cloud Platform Engineering team.
Your Role at Tokbox:
- Design, develop and provide ongoing improvements of several components of our proprietary cloud technology stack for routing, scaling and distributing real-time audio, video, and event streams.
- Working on multiple projects spanning high-performance media servers, distributed messaging fabric and distributed state servers.
Requirements Needed so You can be Successful:
- Proficiency in Java (8) is a must. Extensive experience in Object Oriented design methods and implementing those designs, especially in Java.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, memory management, and concurrency.
- Previously designed solutions for the server side of scalable software applications or platforms.
- Led efforts to design and build massively scalable features for a real-time communication cloud platform.
- Track record of delivering high quality code in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly customer-centric and enjoy working on large-scale problems, shipping high performance systems software while working collaboratively in a high-octane team environment.
- Ability to lead and follow. This position requires ownership of design and implementation of platform components. It also requires an ability to follow established standards and methods when contributing to other platform components.
Nice to Have, but Certainly not Necessary:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Experience with Dependency Injection, REST service development using popular frameworks like Jersey or similar, and event driven programming (like futures).
- Real-time technologies including: WebRTC, RTP, XMPP, SIP, Jingle, and a variety of Codecs.
Other jobs at this location: