Senior DevOps Engineer
- TokBox, a leader in WebRTC communications, is looking for a Sr. DevOps Engineer to assist in growing and supporting the infrastructure for our TokBox platform and products.
- You will be an asset on the Infrastructure Team, ensuring the reliability of the platform and monitoring it’s overall health.
Your Role at TokBox:
- Lead the effort in ensuring reliability of the platform - have a 'SRE-like' attitude/background.
- Manage all production deployments across the entire platform - make sure deployments are a “non-event”.
- Build/improve monitoring and alerting solutions.
- Identify weaknesses in the infrastructure and implement changes.
- Troubleshoot production issues and steer them to resolution along with Engineering and Operations.
- Adopt and implement best practices and champion an engineering culture emphasizing Agile and DevOps.
- Though a rare event, must be willing to wake up at 3:00AM to fix production issues and make sure the same does not repeat again in the future. This doesn’t usually occur but we wanted to at least make you aware!
Requirements Needed so You can be Successful:
- Proven experience building and supporting high-availability Linux production environments.
- Operations background and know what it takes to successfully support a platform at scale.
- Extensively worked on monitoring and alerting solutions, and used tools such as Nagios, Graphite, Monit or Cloudwatch.
- Have worked in production environments with Docker and used one of the following: Chef/Puppet/Ansible (we use Chef).
- Have worked within a C++/Java environment.
- Very strong RDBMS skills, especially in MySQL.
- Fluent with AWS Services.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, SSL/TLS and DNS.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science and/or related work experience.
Nice to Have, but Certainly not Necessary:
- Working knowledge on other AWS services like Glacier, Elastic MapReduce, DynamoDB etc.
- Data Pipeline knowledge, especially with tools like MapReduce, Kafka and ELK stack.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Other jobs at this location: