Our Vision for the Role:
- We are looking for a Software Engineer that has experience with C++ and mobile development to work on the OpenTok cross-platform library.
Three Key Technical Attributes:
- You have created high performance modules and libraries with well defined interfaces.
- C/C++ is your language of choice when writing efficient algorithms.
- You can speak to proven development experience on an iOS platform, including API definition and implementation.
What You’ll be Responsible for:
- Participates in development and maintenance of the OpenTok cross-platform library (OTKit), written in C/C++, which is the core of all native platform SDK.
- Engages in all aspects of the software development life-cycle.
- Designs new APIs to solve specified requirements, and provides feedback on API design
- Conducts continuous analysis to measure and improve the SDK performance (e.g. CPU, Memory, connectivity latency, etc.).
- Owns end-to-end development for new features and collaborates with cloud, testing and support teams to ensure performance and quality.
The Skills and Experiences You’ll Need:
- Experience buiding client-side application software and familiar with SDKs.
- Fluency in C/C++ and Objective-C or Swift programming languages.
- 4+ years professional experience as full-time software engineer.
- Demonstrable understanding of common challenges with mobile/embedded devices, including power management, resource optimization and wireless network reliability.
- Demonstrable understanding of client-server architectures, algorithms, thread and memory management systems, and data pipeline optimization.
- Enjoys communicating with others and is always eager to learn new technologies and frameworks.
- Experience on real-time communications engines (e.g. WebRTC) and multimedia codecs is a plus.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
« Back to Current Openings