Senior Software Engineer (Native Client)
- Tokbox, a leader in WebRTC communications, is looking for a Software Engineer that has experience with C++ to work on our OpenTok cross-platform library.
Your Role at Tokbox:
Requirements Needed so You can be Successful:
- Developing and maintaining the OpenTok cross-platform library (OTKit), written in C/C++, which is the core of our native platform SDK.
- Creating high performance modules and libraries with well defined interfaces.
- Designing new APIs to solve specified requirements, and providing feedback on API design.
- Conducting continuous analysis to measure and improve the SDK performance (e.g. CPU, Memory, connectivity latency, etc.).
- Writing efficient algorithms using C/C++.
- Engaging in all aspects of the software development life-cycle.
- Owning end-to-end development for new features and collaborating with cloud, testing and support teams to ensure performance and quality.
- 4+ years of C/C++ development; Objective-C or Swift programming languages is a big plus.
- Building client-side application software and familiar with SDKs.
- Demonstrable understanding of common challenges with mobile/embedded devices, including power management, resource optimization and wireless network reliability.
- Demonstrable understanding of client-server architectures, algorithms, thread and memory management systems, and data pipeline optimization.
- Communicating with others and is eager to learn new technologies and frameworks.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Other jobs at this location: