- TokBox, a leader in WebRTC technology, provides the leading cloud platform for adding live video, voice, and messaging to your web and mobile applications. We believe that integrating real-time communication into products should be simple, whether you’re developing an app for one-to-one calls, group chat, or large-scale broadcast.
About the Team:
Your Role at TokBox:
- Our Customer Success team makes our partners successful with the OpenTok platform. Our Product and Engineer teams have built an awesome platform with great SDKs and APIs. Our Business Development and Marketing teams attract partners with great applications that need real-time communication. It is the mission of the Customer Success team to bring everyone together and make sure our partners are successful.
- As a Developer Support Engineer you will regularly work with a broad range of partners; whether garage start-up or large multinationals, you will help them integrate real-time communication into their application. This will include root cause analysis, writing sample code, performing code reviews, working cross functionally between their development team and ours, all while being their advocate internally. The ideal candidate for this role is a strong communicator that is a technologist at heart.
Requirements Needed so You Can be Successful:
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, and resolution to the developers at our strategic partners to ensure their applications are rapidly deployed and successful.
- Help our partners solve difficult problems by debugging mobile and web applications.
- Develop mobile and web sample code and proof of concept applications to demonstrate OpenTok best practices to partners.
- Utilize our data analysis tools so that you can visualize application performance, solve problems, and provide insight for our partners.
- Leverage your deep expertise and advanced troubleshooting and development skills to coach and mentor other support resources on the team.
- Capture and document best practices in technical FAQs, and represent our partners to our internal teams to encapsulate feedback and learnings.
- World class customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to make our customers feel well-served.
- 2+ years in a client-facing technical role for a SaaS or mobile technology company.
- Successful background in mobile or web development.
- Foundational knowledge of network engineering and protocols.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in a related technical field.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- You don't need experience in all of these areas, but it's good for you to know what you'll be exposed to. This will include:
- Objective C
- Java for Android
- Web server development languages (Node, Java, Python, PHP, Ruby, and others)
- Big Data analytics tools (SQL, Kibana, ElasticSearch and Zeppelin)
Other jobs at this location: