Software Development Engineer in TestApply Here
Your Role at Tokbox:
- You will own end to end test design and implementation so you can seamlessly integrate automated testing into the development workflow and CI systems, while working with great Engineers to continuously improve our existing tools and software development process.
- You will use your strong Java professional development experience to influence architectural and design decisions in our core services with an emphasis on scalability, reliability and quality.
- You will develop solutions and tools to make it easier for our Engineers to test their own code.
- Design and build tools and frameworks to solve difficult test automation problems while helping Engineers quickly deliver high quality releases to our platform.
- Evangelize process improvements and best practices across the organization to improve code health, test coverage and maintainability.
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipelines for components in your area of responsibility.
- Review source code for potential problems, help debug and triage issues and isolate fixes.
- Work closely with our Analytics Engineers to monitor and improve platform quality.
- Mentor other Engineers to help them improve their technical skills and testing methodology.
Key Skills and Experiences Needed to do the Above:
- Deep understanding of system architecture and design.
- 5+ years developing in Java.
- Have worked on high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
- Developing and maintaining robust automated test suites, tools and frameworks.
- Knowledge of best practices in Performance, Load, Functional, Integration and Unit testing.
- Ability to communicate effectively across teams to drive best practices for building, testing and deploying mission-critical systems.
- Prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced agile environment.
- 5+ years’ experience developing and testing complex software systems at large-scale.
- Implemented and/or promoted Test Driven Development.
- Knowledge of real-time internet communications technologies.
- Knowledge of open source testing tools and frameworks.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science and/or related work experience.
« Back to Current Openings