Your Role at TokBox:
- Architect and implement big data pipelines for TokBox by understanding our core platform.
- Expand and optimize our data and data pipeline architecture.
- Enhance our existing and evolving infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Build tools to allow internal and external teams to visualize and extract insights from big data platforms.
- Drive key parts of the data mining and analysis algorithms, and use the insights derived from these in order to build out the next generation intelligent platform.
- Lead conversations around how we can derive more value out of our data and enable operational excellence.
- Maintain the current pipeline and work closely with our DevOps team.
- Debug issues as they arise.
- Work alongside multiple teams including Engineering, Business Analytics and Marketing.
Requirements Needed so You can be Successful:
- A passion for the flow of massive amounts of data! We currently use real-time data for platform monitoring, debugging clients and servers, and providing visualizations to our customers to help improve their applications.
- Experience building highly optimized big data data pipelines that have been deployed into production.
- Expertise working with unstructured datasets, building workflows and data transformations.
- Working knowledge on message queues, stream processing and scalable distributed data stores.
- Excellent verbal, communication, technical leadership skills and ability to coordinate activities across multiple teams.
- Experience with the following:
- ElasticSearch, Logstash, and Kibana-This is a must!
- Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- SQL and NoSQL databases - prefer MySQL, Cassandra or DynamoDB.
- AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR and S3
- Stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Languages: Java
Nice to Have, but not Necessary:
- Knowledge of Hive and Flume.
- Working knowledge of Scala and/or Python.
- Knowledge or interest in Machine Learning.
Who We Are:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- TokBox, a leader in WebRTC technology, provides the leading cloud platform for adding live video, voice, and messaging to your web and mobile applications. We believe that integrating real-time communication into products should be simple, whether you’re developing an app for one-to-one calls, group chat, or large-scale broadcast.
Other jobs at this location: