New features and changes
Version 1.3.2 -- August 2022
Added the ability to limit the number of subscribers' videos displayed in a room. See
maxVideoParticipantsOnScreen option of the
This is a beta feature.
Added missing docs for the
mediaShutoffThreshold option of the
This lets you set a threshold for the current number of participants in the Room
(upon joining) that will prevent the local client’s CameraPublisher from publishing audio and video.
- The default option for
deviceLayoutMode was not set to
auto, causing the layout for mobile
users to default to the
desktop view. Now the
deviceLayoutMode is automatically chosen
based on the type of device used if no option is specified.
Version 1.3.1 -- August 2022
- The publisherProperties now supports all options included in OpenTok.js v2.23, including the
videoFilter option and full high definition (1080p)
Version 1.3.0 -- June 2022
- Configurable TURN support for Vonage Video Express is released (no longer in beta).
iceConfig property of the
- User-specified device layout mode for Vonage Video Express is released (no longer in beta).
managedLayoutOptions.layoutMode property of the
Version 1.2.3 -- June 2022
- Removed the mute button from the subscriber's video pane because it was behaving in an unexpected manner in a multi-party scenario.
Version 1.2.2 -- May 2022
- Included configurable TURN support for Vonage Video Express.
iceConfig property of the
options parameter of the
This is also available as an
add-on feature and is supported in
Video Express as a beta feature.
- When a participant name had more characters than the current video element could accommodate, the
participant name could overlap with the network quality icon or the mute icon. Now the participant name will
be truncated and the video elements will not overlap.
Version 1.2.1 -- April 2022
- Added feature to specify a device layout mode, such as "desktop" or "mobile".
deviceLayoutMode property of the
managedLayoutOptions parameter of the
Room() constructor. This is a beta feature.
Version 1.2.0 -- February 2022
- Improvements to mobile browser detection.
Version 1.1.4 -- January 2022
- When a camera publisher failed while joining a call (for example, due to the user denying access to the camera or microphone or to a timeout when publishing), the client was still able to subscribe to other participants. Now the
Room.join() method rejects when publishing fails and the participant is disconnected from the room.
- When a camera publisher failed during the call, the participant remained connected to the call without publishing a camera stream. Now the participant disconnects from the call, and the Room object dispatches the
disconnected event, with the
reason property of the event object set to
cameraPublisherDestroyed. See the Room Events documentation.
Version 1.1.3 -- January 2022
- Signal events for signals sent from a server threw an exception. Signal events sent from a server will now have the
from property set to
null. See the SignalEvent documentation.
Version 1.1.2 -- November 2021
- In some cases, the publisher’s connection was occasionally being destroyed after a short reconnection.
Version 1.1.1 -- November 2021
- Some events weren't proxied when using the
Version 1.1.0 -- November 2021
Version 1.0.0 -- November 2021
Vonage Video Express 1.0.0 is released (no longer in beta).
Version 0.1.10 -- October 2021
Rebranding to Vonage Video Express. Updated references.
Version 0.1.9 -- October 2021
- Updated silhouette for video tile to a smile icon when the video is off
- Added network quality indicator for participants
Version 0.1.8 -- September 2021
- Added feature to display participant name for each participants
- Added support to hide video tiles and unsubscribe media from participants after 4 participants have joined the room
- Fixed border-radius issue for video tiles in Safari
Version 0.1.7 -- September 2021
- Added support for the mobile web user interface to make it responsive.
- Removed custom layout options and related properties, which are obsolete.
RoomProperties, which is no longer applied to active speaker tracker animation.
- Removed z-index values for video overlay icons.
Version 0.1.6 -- September 2021
This version includes some performance improvements.
Version 0.1.5 -- September 2021
- Updated icons:
- Hid default UI controls from OpenTok video components.
- Added new SVG-based buttons for camera publisher and camera subscriber.
- Removed border radius for screen-sharing videos.
- Logic to set the participant name before the
Room object dispatches the
Version 0.1.4 -- September 2021
- CSS improvements to the layout manager.
- Fixed the
Room.leave() method, where publisher was not re-created on re-joining a room.
- Fixed a bug where active speaker view could not be set after a participant shares their screen.
Version 0.1.3 -- July 2021
- Not subscribing to participant video if the
maxVideoParticipantsOnScreen is not set in the
Version 0.1.2 -- July 2021
accessAllowed not firing on
started not firing on
Version 0.1.1 -- July 2021
This is the first public beta release of Vonage Video Express. This release consist of following features:
- Inbuilt layout manager
- Large-tile prioritization for active-speaker and screen-sharing
- Configuration to mute publisher on join, if the set threshold is reached
- Auto-off non-visible streams if a threshold is reached
- Support for preview media functionality
- Input device selection
Version 0.1.0 -- June 2021
This is the first private release of Vonage Video Express